Fennrir - Icelandic wool Sweater - Navy Blue
Pickup available at Local Store - Hafnarfjörður
Usually ready in 24 hours
Fennrir - Icelandic wool Sweater - Navy Blue
Local Store - Hafnarfjörður
Introducing Fennrir, our iconic Icelandic wool sweater, named after the legendary Norse wolf and guardian of the river Ván. As our absolute bestseller, Fennrir is not just a garment; it's a symbol of heritage, warmth, and unmatched craftsmanship.
Fennrir is designed to embody the strength and majesty of its namesake. The traditional Icelandic pattern reflects the mesmerizing hues of pure Icelandic waters, creating a connection between mythology and nature. This sweater is a celebration of Norse folklore, reimagined through the lens of contemporary fashion.
Unparalleled Warmth and Quality
Crafted from 3-ply Plotulopi wool, this hand-made sweater offers exceptional warmth, rated at the highest level. The thickness is also maximized, providing unrivaled insulation against the cold. In Fennrir, you will find a companion for the coldest of weathers, a garment that stands as a testament to the protective warmth of its mythical namesake.
Material and Colors
- Material: 100% pure Icelandic wool, hand-knitted to perfection. Plotulopi, renowned for its insulating properties, is used to ensure both warmth and breathability.
- Main Color: Navy Blue (#0118) – a deep, serene hue that echoes the depths of Icelandic waters.
- Pattern Colors: A harmonious blend of Off White (#0001), Light Blues Blue (#2023), and Blues Blue (#2022) that perfectly complement the main color.
Tailor-Made for You
Understanding the uniqueness of each individual, Fennrir is available in sizes from S to 2XL, with the option for tailor-made sizing. Customers can send in their measurements for a personalized fit, ensuring that everyone can experience the comfort and style of this iconic sweater. For sizes larger than 2XL, up to 5XL, we encourage customers to contact us for bespoke knitting.
Pre-Order and Customization
Fennrir sweaters can be pre-ordered, allowing for customization in colors and patterns at no extra cost, provided the size remains more or less unchanged. The crafting time for pre-ordered sweaters varies between 2 to 8 weeks, depending on the availability of our knitters. Each sweater is a labor of love, mostly hand-knitted by retired women who enjoy this craft as a hobby. We believe in the philosophy that happy knitters make happy sweaters, so we never rush the process.
Authenticity and Sustainability
Fennrir is an authentic Icelandic Lopapeysa, a term now protected by the Icelandic food and veterinary authority. To qualify as a Lopapeysa, the sweater must be made from new, not recycled, wool sheared from Icelandic sheep, hand-knitted in Iceland from Icelandic lopi wool.
Care and Storage
Owning a Fennrir sweater means caring for a piece of Icelandic tradition. We provide tips on how to store and clean your Icelandic wool sweater, ensuring that it remains a cherished part of your wardrobe for years to come.
We are pleased to offer free shipping for the Fennrir sweater, bringing the warmth and legacy of Iceland directly to your doorstep.
The Fennrir Icelandic Wool Sweater is more than just clothing; it's a wearable piece of Icelandic folklore, a blend of tradition, artistry, and practicality. Whether bracing against the cold or seeking a touch of Norse mythology, Fennrir stands as a timeless testament to Icelandic knitting heritage. Embrace the warmth, embrace the legend.
Pre-Order Availability: We at the Icelandic Store offer a pre-order option for our sweaters. This allows customers to place orders for sweaters that are not currently in stock.
Customization on Pre-Orders: When pre-ordering, customers have the flexibility to request alterations in colors and patterns at no extra cost, making each sweater more personalized.
Production Time: The time required to deliver a pre-ordered sweater can vary. It generally takes no less than 2 weeks and not more than 8 weeks, depending on our available knitters, seasonal demands, and other factors.
Craftsmanship: Our sweaters are mostly hand-knitted by retired women in Iceland who consider this a hobby. We emphasize that "happy knitters make happy sweaters," so we ensure not to rush the knitting process.
Authenticity and Quality: These are authentic Icelandic Lopapeysas, made from new wool sheared from Icelandic sheep and hand-knitted in Iceland, adhering to the criteria for being a protected product name by the Icelandic food and veterinary authority.
- Ordering: When you place and order for alterations, please make sure to include your wishes in the notes section in the checkout process.
We proudly offer worldwide shipping, ensuring that anyone, anywhere can enjoy our Icelandic products.
Shipping costs are easily calculated during checkout based on your address, with costs updated in the shopping cart for your convenience.
- DHL Worldwide Express: Fast and secure, with a delivery time of 2-4 working days and regular updates during transit. We recommend this option.
- Icelandic Post - Priority Shipping: An economical choice with a delivery estimate of 10-25 working days, fully traceable for your peace of mind.
- Icelandic Post - Economy Shipping: Offering reliable service with shipping times of 1-4 weeks in Europe and 2-8 weeks in the USA.
Competitive shipping prices, starting from $10 for the USA and Europe, with additional weight adding minimal cost. No added fees from us!
We want you to be satisfied with you purchase. If you wish to return an item, you may return it within 30 days after delivery for a refund or exchange. We will credit your original form of payment, excluding the shipping cost. Returns must be received in their original, unused condition, or they will not be accepted. If your item fits the above qualifications, please ship any returns to:
Isprjón ehf. / Iceland Store
Please note that after we process the refund it may take some time for the refund to appear on your statement. If there is any problem regarding a refund please contact us by email asap.
- Hand Washing: Icelandic wool sweaters should be hand-washed in lukewarm water using a mild detergent that's suitable for wool.
- Avoid Agitation: Gently swish the sweater in the water without rubbing or twisting it, as wool is susceptible to damage when wet.
- Rinsing: Thoroughly rinse the sweater in lukewarm water until all soap residue is removed.
- Drying: Press out excess water without wringing, and lay the sweater flat on a towel to air dry. Avoid hanging or exposing it to direct heat or sunlight.
- Storage: Store the wool sweater in a dry and cool place, preferably folded. Avoid using plastic bags, as they can trap moisture and cause damage.